Bartending is a hands on profession and must be taught by hands on instruction behind a real bar, in a real bar or nightclub environment. We will teach you everything you need to become a professional bartender in 3 weeks or less. Upon graduation, you will be ready to work in any bar or nightclub in the country, with a nationally recognized certificate. Even though Bartending is one of the oldest known professions, the skills and knowledge required changes constantly. We are constantly updating our materials so you only learn relevant, up to date information that will allow you to excel as a professional bartender.
“Why should I go to bartending school?”
Our bartending schools are the best place for learning the art of mixology. With so many bartending school locations throughout the Southern and Northern California areas, as well as in Florida, Nevada, Colorado, Washington, North Carolina and more…a National Bartender School is likely right around the corner. And with NBS, a fun job working in great bars and restaurants and meeting exciting people is also right around the corner. Bartending is one of the few job skills always in demand, and portable worldwide. Below is just a fraction of some of the information our extensive bartending course will cover.
Bartending Training Manual
60 pages of printed text outlining the following areas:
- Basic bar setup
- Basic bar ingredients
- Mixology (8 lessons)
- Extra drink recipes
- Mid-term exam and speed drill reference
- Spirits, liqueurs, wine origins, wine history and cordials reference list
- Customer service, hints, tips and golden rules
- Equipment handling (tappers, C02 tanks, etc.)
- Party bartending information
- Beverage text
- Employment tips advisory and more!
Mid-term and Final Exams to Graduation
At the completion of the 8 classes, the student is invited to participate in the written mid-term exam. This aids both the student and the instructor in charting the students progress. The student can take the test whenever he/she feels confident enough to take the exam. The student may also re-take the exam if he/she did not pass the first time.
Graduation and School Certificate
Bartender’s certificate is awarded after completion of 40 hours of instruction, a written exam (85% passing grade) and a practical speed drill (12 drinks in 7 minutes minimum).
- NBS bartending will teach you to build and present over 200 mixed drinks including recipe, garnish, glass ware, mixing method and presentation.
- Daily hands-on use of common bar school equipment and tools.
- Your “behind-the-bar” time is maximized.
- After completing bartending training, you will be able to respond to a 12 drink order in less than 7 minutes prior to certification.
- We emphasize proper customer service practices.
- We provide bartending instruction on regulation and laws.
- You are taught how to identify and deal with potential problems that may occur in the workplace.
- Graduates will receive a nationally recognized certificate proving successful completion of bartender training courses.
- You will be prepared to go to work after finishing! (expect to earn an average of $20 per hour after graduation.)