The Salty Dog is simply the salty version of the Greyhound cocktail. These cocktails have been noted since 1945 and were served at Greyhound’s popular restaurant chain called “Post House” that was located at their bus terminals.
- 2 oz Gin (some substitute for Vodka)
- 4 oz Grapefruit Juice
- Salt for Rimming
- Lemon or Lime Wedge for Garnish
- Salt collins glass rim. (Don’t salt rim and you have a Greyhound.)
- Pour ingredients into glass. (Some prefer on the rocks.)
- Stir well.
- Garnish with lemon or lime wedge.